Shared Owners

Information for Shared Owners

In this section, you’ll find lots of handy information about your Shared Ownership home, including how to buy more share and making home improvements.

If you are a Yarlington Homes customer, you are in the right place. We’re looking after Shared Ownership Resales and Post Sales Services for both Radian Homes and Yarlington Homes customers as part of the recent partnership between our two organisations, now called Abri.

Please contact Radian Homes on 0800 145 6663 or email Resales at for enquiries relating to the sale of your property or Post Sales at regarding enquiries on staircasing or re-mortgages.

Buying more shares

Your Shared Ownership Lease gives you the option of buying more shares in your home, whenever you feel the time is right to do so. This is also known as ‘staircasing’.

More information on how to buy more shares >

Selling your home

Should you ever wish to move out of your Shared Ownership home, we have a dedicated Resales team to help you do so.

Your Lease sets out that Radian Homes must have first opportunity to find a buyer, so that we can offer Shared Ownership to others trying to get on the property ladder.

If after a certain amount of time we haven’t found you a buyer, you can sell your home as usual through an estate agents.

All the information in much more detail can be found here >

Changing your mortgage

Whether you are shopping around for a new deal when your introductory rate expires, or looking to borrow more for home improvements, it’s likely you’ll want to change your mortgage at some point.

Your lender will ask us to approve these changes as we hold a legal charge on your property.

Find out more >

Adding or removing an owner

If you want to make any changes to who owns your home, Radian will need to agree to this. You can get an application form by calling 0800 145 6663 or emailing

Any new owners will need to fit the criteria set for Shared Ownership.

To remove an owner, we’ll need their consent in writing unless you have a court order stating that the home must be transferred to you. One of the parties who originally bought the home as Shared Ownership will always need to remain an owner.

Find out more >

Improving your home

We want you to make the most of your home, so carry on choosing that paint or wallpaper!

But if you are planning to make more extensive or structural home improvements, you will need our agreement. This won’t be complicated and the good news is that in most cases requests are approved.

What is classed as a home improvement? Find out here >

Financial advice

If you would like advice on your mortgage or insurance options, it’s always best to talk to a professional.

See our recommended Independent Mortgage Advisors here >


If you’ve been asked to provide a valuation report on your home, this will need to be carried out by a surveyor who is registered with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.

You might be asked for this if you redeem your loan or want to borrow more money on your mortgage.

See our recommended list of surveyors here >

Updating your details

Remember to let us know if your name or contact details change.

To update your phone number or email address, you will need to call the Abri Direct team on 0300 123 1 567.

If you have changed your name, you can either pop into one of our offices or send in a copy of your deed poll, marriage certificate, or decree absolute to:

Post Sales Team
Collins House
Bishopstoke Road
SO50 6AD

News & Events

Radian and Yarlington become Abri
Read more
Celebrate summer on your balcony!
Read more
Upgrade your workspace!
Read more
Staircasing FAQ
Read more

Latest Properties

Flat 12 Epsom House

See more
17 Ray Close

See more
14 William Bricknell Pavilion

See more

Help you move

Your handy guide to Shared Ownership
Find out more
Looking to rent with Radian Homes?
Find out more
Read our customer testimonials
Find out more